If you are stuck for content ideas, it may be worth having a good think about some of the main types of content and decide on which may be most suitable for your company. Here are six of the main types of content that you may want to experiment with:
- articles are the classic form of web content, and still the most prevalent. Most content on the internet is in article format, and this is because they really work. Articles can be very useful and helpful, and this may help to build better relationships and trust with your target audience. You may then want to use them on your website or in article directories where they may get picked up by more publishers and lead to more exposure for your company;
- blog posts are a very popular form of content, and these can be in article format or in any other type of format such as videos and images. They are generally less formal than other types of content, and provide a way for you to get across the personality of your company, so there is more room for humour and controversy. Try to use blog posts to generate discussion, and this may then lead to user-generated content in the form of blog comments;
- FAQs are a very useful section on any website, and you may well want to add one to your site. Simply think of all the questions your customers may have, and then write down detailed answers in one section. As new questions come up, add them to the list, and soon you may have a very extensive section that is useful for all of your visitors;
- guides may be very effective if done properly, and they may help to build trust with your customers. You may create these in PDF format to be downloaded from your site, or you may want to just use a page on your website. Guides can provide details of new products and services, they can be useful how-to guides, or they may help your customers by providing solutions to common problems they may face;
- presentations can be very simple to make using the right software so you may not even need to hire a website design and development team to help you out. You may use these to highlight important services or answer questions for your target audience, and then you may want to use them on your website or upload them to presentation hosting sites.
These are just some of the types of content that you may want to focus on when creating content for your website. Just remember that it is often a good idea to focus on different types of content rather than just focusing on written content, and this may help you to reach out to a wider audience who may prefer to access their content in different ways.