Video content is growing in popularity, and if you have a company website you may want to start creating your own videos. Why? Because:
- most people have broadband internet now and can watch videos with ease;
- people like to access content in different ways;
- videos may help to demonstrate products in a way that text cannot;
- they may make visitors more keen to stay and explore for longer;
- videos may help to make your website more interesting;
- videos may provide extra value to your visitors.
So how do you go about using video content? Here are a few suggestions to help you:
- first you may want to brainstorm your options for creating video content. Think about the types of videos that you feel would be most valuable for your target visitors and what you are trying to achieve with them. This could include instructional videos, humorous videos, product demonstrations, presentations and many other types. Look at some of the videos on YouTube if you are short of ideas;
- once you know what sorts of videos you want to make, you may want to then buy the kit that you need to make them. You do not need much, and even a simple digital camera is sometimes enough. However, remember that this is your company and it may therefore be important to make the videos look professional;
- you may want to purchase some editing software for your videos to make them look even more professional. Using such software you may be able to add subtitles, music, sound effects and more to bring your videos to life;
- once you are happy with your video, you may want to upload it to YouTube. The reason you may want to do this is because it is easy to do and you may then be able to use the code from YouTube and paste this into your own website wherever you want the video to appear. Also remember that YouTube is a search engine in its own right so you may want to start to build up a presence for yourself there;
- once your video is on YouTube, simply insert the code wherever you want it to appear on your website, in your blog, in your newsletter and in your social media accounts. Get your web designer to help you if you have trouble with this, but after a while it may become easy to do yourself.
This is a simple process for creating video content and using videos to provide value to your customers. Videos are only going to become more popular as technology improves and internet speeds increase, so try to start experimenting with them now to take advantage of everything that they provide